Our Little Lady

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Harper's Hideaway

I am starting to see why some women, toward the end of their pregnancies, have that, "Get this baby out of me!" attitude.  I kind of have that mindset starting up inside of me, but I think it's for a different reason.

Yesterday was SUPPOSED to be my last doctors appointment.  Well, before I left I found myself scheduling yet another appointment for next Wednesday.  Sigh.  I am still only 1 cm. dilated and still only 50% effaced.  For the past three appointments I have remained exactly the same.  The yoga ball, walking, sex, lemon drop cupcakes, Chinese food, and nipple stimulation yielded exactly nothing as far as progress goes.

So now I'm at the point that I feel I was at before this pregnancy even began only the question in my head is different:

pre-pregnancy,"Am I even able to get pregnant?"

pre-delivery,"Will my body go into labor on its' own?"

So that's where I am right now.  39 weeks, 2 days with an impending "induction" talk scheduled for Wednesday, November 23rd.  I feel nothing.  Some Braxton Hicks contractions here and there, but other than that I feel the same way Have felt the other 39 weeks, and 1 day that I've been pregnant.  I am excited for her to come, but at this point I am concerned that my body just isn't going to cooperate and the doctor is going to have to force her to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment