Our Little Lady

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 14, 2011

Give me a candy bar and no one gets hurt

For about 30 minutes today I turned into a typical, crazy, pregnant lady who was blinded by a craving.  I thought that I could make it through the day.  I thought that my Greek yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and fruit was enough.  I thought wrong... dead wrong.  I needed chocolate and I needed it yesterday.

I think it started this morning when one of the 3rd grade teachers got a Milky Way bar in her mailbox.  Where's my Milky Way bar?  Sad face.  After that moment I couldn't get the image of that damn candy bar out of my head.  I had to have one.  I fought the urge for a few hours until I saw cupcakes in the teacher's lounge.  Damn cupcakes.  Ate one.  Didn't work.  Must have a candy bar.  I let lunch conversation occupy me for a little while and then Mission Candy Bar began.

I knew I had change in my car so all I needed to do was run out and get it.  No problem.  I happily trotted out to my car, got my change purse, and proceeded to daydream about the chocolaty goodness that I was about to consume.  Then I got to the vending machine.  Zero bar, Snickers, and Almond Joy were calling my name.  I dumped out my change purse into my hand while trying to decide which bar would be mine when I realized... I have $0.80... each candy bar was $0.90.  NO!  I started to chalk my $0.10 shortcoming as a sign that I was not meant to have a candy bar when the voice inside of me told me to shut the hell up, walk back outside, and make a dime appear in my car.  So... that's what I did.  I jumped into the backseat and began digging in my purse for anything silver that added up to $0.10.  Low and behold the only piece of money that I found in my purse was one, glorious, shiny dime!  Hallelujah!  I merrily skipped my way back to the vending machine, deposited my $0.90, pushed C5 (Zero bar), and strolled my happy @ss back to my office where I shamelessly devoured my candy bar.

Sweet relief; literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment