Our Little Lady

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

38 week check-up

So I went in for my weekly check-up.  Same old, same old.  Peed in a cup to check my protein levels (and I didn't pee on my hand or all over the cup for once!), blood pressure, weight, and then into the room to get violated.  I should get used to having Ladytown violated because Harper is going to violate the living hell out of it shortly, but I don't think that there is any way to 'get used to' another woman shoving her hand into your happy place to feel around.  I just wanted to tell her that there isn't any buried treasure hiding up in my cervical area, but I kept my mouth shut.  After she was done she told me to watch out for some bleeding, which could be caused by her 'exam' -- you think?!  It's like when the dentist gets mad that your gums bleed after they've been jamming floss up in between your teeth for 5 minutes.  

At least we were only in there for about 20 minutes this time.  Here is the weekly 'baby watch' update:


  • my belly measures right on at 38 cm.
  • Harper's heart rate is 130 bpm.
  • 1 cm. dilated (open)
  • 50% effaced (my cervix has thinned out halfway)

Operation 11/11/11
Doctor's exam today didn't leave me very hopeful that Harper will have an 11/11/11 birthday.  Does that mean that I've lost hope?  Hell no.  We're going to encourage her entrance into the world tomorrow by trying some of the old wives tales:
  • bouncing on my yoga ball
  • doing a lot of walking
  • Chinese food
  • My brother is even overnighting a lemon drop cupcake to me from Cappellinos Crazy Cakes in Charlottesville.  This cupcake has been said to have sent 19 women into labor Click here for the ABC news report.  The women were all overdue, but couldn't hurt to try one right?
  • It's also a full moon tomorrow night
  • Annnnnndddddd we may try something else...
All I know is that if she doesn't come on 11/11/11 she needs to wait until after I go see Twilight: Breaking Dawn.  Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment