Our Little Lady

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

40 weeks - 280 days

***DUE DATE***
You know, with the addition of
stretch marks, my stomach kind
of looks like this pumpkin...

Time left: God only knows...

Size of Baby:  
weight = 7.5 lbs-ish
length = 20 inches-ish

Fruit comparison ------------}

Well.  Shame on me for thinking that because we knew the date of conception and the due date wasn't a guess, that Harper would actually be here today.  She is not.  I have to say that I now enjoy answering one, specific pregnancy question, "When are you due?"

The look of people's faces when I say: tomorrow, today, and now I can say yesterday is priceless!  I know that it isn't unheard of or uncommon for women to go over their due date, but I know that because I'm pregnant.  I guess other people just assume that I would be:

a) in labor today or have already had the baby
b) too miserable to function and therefore be out of the public eye
c) too ginormous to move
d) off of work so that I can "prepare" for baby

I'm not miserable, I'm still working, I am not living in sweats, I am still wearing heels to work on occasion, I'm not at home on the couch popping bon-bons into my mouth, I am ready for her to come but that's because she's supposed to be here by now, I'm not taking off of work until I'm physically unable to go anymore due to the fact that I am in labor because I'm not going to waste my sick days sitting at home on my ass, and (sorry to all) I will let you know when she is here.  Asking on a daily basis is not getting her here any faster.

Weight Gain:  starting weight = 140 lbs.
                         current weight = 177 lbs.
                         total weight gain = 37 lbs.

My Body:


It's officially 11/23/11.  My due date has come and gone without any indication that Harper is on her way.  While in the shower this morning I had a thought:  we know what day that we 'did the deed' to conceive Harper BUT we actually DO NOT know the exact day that the uterine magic actually happened.  So when I got out of the shower I immediately started getting ready for work right?  Of course not!  I got on the computer and started googling and didn't come up with much.  I suppose it is just a guess since no one's actually up in my uterus when spermy-sperm met eggy-weggy.






No comments:

Post a Comment