Our Little Lady

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Marine Corps Marathon

When I checked my inbox today I was sad to see that I had gotten my e-confirmation card for this year's Marine Corps Marathon on October 30th.  Obviously I have to defer my registration being that I'll be 9 months pregnant and that "running" the half-marathon this past weekend was borderline excruciating.  I'm crazy, but I'm damn sure not that crazy - or stupid - because at that point I'd be a great candidate for a straight jacket.

I knew what I was getting into when I signed up for the marathon this year.  Registration was in February and by that point we had been trying to get pregnant for two months.  I specifically chose to register for MCM because they allow you to defer your registration to the following year if need be.  I was hoping that I would need to and it turns out that I was right.

When I get paid I will be going online to defer my registration to 2012.  That will give me a nice "get your butt back into shape" motivation post-baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment