Our Little Lady

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

30 weeks - 210 days

It does not feel like I have a head of
lettuce in my belly.
Should I avoid salad this week?
Time Left: 8-10 weeks
                 56-70 days

Size of Baby:  weight - 3 lbs.
                        length - 15.7 inches
Food comparison ------------------}



Harper: She has been covered by languo (fine hair) for a long time now.  This week it is going to start falling off so that she comes out with a smooth, little baby body instead of a small fur beast.  I am not sure which website to believe as far as her weight goes.  Baby Center says that she's around 3 lbs. and Baby Gaga says that she's 3lbs. 12oz.  I guess it really doesn't matter since she's still in there growing.  Again, not much to talk about as far as development goes.  I guess all of the good stuff is already taken care of.  Her eyesight is continuing to develop but won't be complete until after she's born, which is why babies have their eyes closed a lot of the time while they're still teeny tiny.


Movement: At my doctor's appointment I was a little worried because she hadn't moved much the whole day.  Apparently I had nothing to worry about because she's been non-stop ever since.  It's nice knowing that she's there, but she is also making it known what positions she likes me in.  For instance, at work.  This year I started a new job as a Title I Math teacher, which means that I do not have a classroom full of kids.  Instead, I use test scores to make up small groups and I only work with those kids (grades 3-5).  Since it's the first two weeks of school and teachers are getting to know their kids and set their procedures in place, I am in my office... alone.  So, to fill the time I have been going over test scores, doing research for the teachers I work with, and making math games.  When I'm making games I am pretty much hunched over my table cutting, coloring, and gluing.  Harper does not like this.  She likes it when I am standing or sitting up.  Having a baby jamming heaving her body up against whatever organs she is near does not make for an easy workday. 
My favorite part of week 29 into 30 happened last night.  Yesterday I noticed that I could actually feel her body when I pushed or just put my hand on my stomach.  I have no idea what part of her I could feel, but it was definitely her.  So, all day I poked around at her (gently of course) and thought that was really cool.  It was also nice to be able to guide her away from floating up into my rib cage when I was trying to work at my desk.  Anyway -- my favorite part of the week -- when I got home Bryan asked me again, "So are you starting to feel different, pregnant?"  He asks me that sometimes because he's super curious about what being pregnant is actually like.  I'm probably not the best example because the only way I feel pregnant is because I can actually feel her moving around in there.  This was when I told him about how I thought I could feel her body when I pushed on my stomach, which he laughed at because I was overly dramatic about it, as usual.  A few hours later he went in to poke at me, also a randomly normal thing he likes to do, and he just happened to put his hand on my stomach RIGHT where she was sticking out.  I thought he was going to die.  "Oh my God I feel her!"  He poked around a few more times before pulling his hand back like he just stuck it in toxic slime.  I describe it that way because I think it freaked him out a little bit.  He laughed and laughed, finally understanding what I was talking about earlier.  We then went into "Holy shit we're having a baby mode".



The Gym: So I haven't been to the gym in two weeks.  There, I said it out loud.  I can say that I'm tired.  I can say that I just started a job and don't have time.  The problem is... those are excuses.  I couldn't figure out why I haven't been going until this morning.  While I was driving to work it hit me.  This is what I ALWAYS do.  Every year since I've been running (2006) I get into a workout funk right after the Virginia Beach Rock 'n' Roll Half-marathon.  Every single year I piddle around and do practically nothing until Decemberish.  I'd do little races here and there; Susan G. Komen, Neptune 8k, Hog Jog, but for the most part I am pretty lazy during the fall.  What's different this year is that I am not going to be running the Marine Corps Marathon (this would have been my 4th year in a row).  I have nothing to work toward, no race to 'train' for.  All that tells me is that I need to get a different mind-set ASAP.  I get home from work around 3:30pm every day.  I could totally go to the gym then even if it is to get in a measly 30 minutes on the elliptical.  I must make this happen.  Of course I won't be going today because we have baby class tonight.  Sure it's not until 7:00 but what's one more day of excuses?



Weight Gain: starting weight = 140lbs.
                        current weight = 164lbs.

                        total weight gain = 24lbs.



11 weeks
30 weeks


  For Comparison












My Body:  On top of Harper's daily beatings, I would really like to breathe normally again.  Even though I'm breathing 'normally' I sometimes feel like I can't catch a good breath.  It's a pain.  I have also noticed that when I sit down too long it feels like my spine compresses into my butt bone so when I stand up I feel like I have to uncrinkle myself.  Ow.  Same goes for when I stand too long, achy lower back.  While these things are kind of a pain, I think it's great that I've gone 30 weeks before having real pregnancy pains.



Favorite Foods:
  • watermelon (Bryan said that if she ends up being allergic to watermelon he's blaming me)
  • frozen pudding cups
  • cheese nips
  • fruit in general (pineapple, banana, watermelon, oranges, pears)
  • yogurt - recently tried Greek yogurt; yum.
  • salads
  • waffles/pancakes



The Nursery: Nothing new - boo


Childbirth Class (week #2)
This week we learned about labor.  Well, we actually provoked the teacher to tell us about labor.  That was one annoying part of class.  She likes to ask us what we know already and then teach according to what we say or ask.  What I don't like about that approach is that there is usually a lot of awkward silence in between questions/statements and her follow up.  Either way the labor process was covered.  I was worried when we walked in and saw the TV stand in the front of the class, but I have successfully avoided the labor video for one more week.  Tonight we watched ways to cope with labor pain.  I wanted to crawl under my chair and die watching the women on the video moan, groan, and make faces.  I know, I know.  I won't care when it's happening and everyone does it, yadda yadda.  This is a new phase in mine and Bryan's life and I have to admit that I'm a little embarrassed for him to see me that way.  That is my insecurity and I know that he doesn't care what I will look or sound like, but right now I do since I have no idea what this whole shabang is going to be like.  To end class tonight we, of course, got to role play again (fun times).  She set up 'labor' stations where we could try out some of the relaxation techniques that we saw in the video.  Some how Bryan got over his embarrassed weirdness and was pushing me along to get over mine and try out the techniques so I did.  I found that I liked the yoga ball a lot surprisingly.  We're going to get one.  Class ended with 'slow dancing'.  You get into a slow dance with your birth partner and sway back and forth.  This was actually really nice.  I could lay my head on Bryan's chest while he massaged my back.  Good deal.  Free massage with no moaning and groaning.  Sold!

No comments:

Post a Comment