Our Little Lady

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

34 weeks - 238 days

Time Left: 4-6 weeks
                  28-42 days
*Before I post this week's fruit picture I have to have a tiny moment.  There is going to be a tiny person in my house in 6 weeks or less {deep breath}.  Not only will there be a tiny person, she will be MY tiny person...

Size of Baby: weight = 4 3/4 lbs.
                        length = 18 inches

Harper: Well, the website research that I've done on week 34 tells me that Harper should be moving down into the pelvic region this week.  At my last doctors appointment I asked if she could tell how she was situated in there.  I mainly wanted to know what I was feeling when she moved.  Was that a foot? Butt? Head? Hands?  She squished around for about two seconds before she concluded that Harper was already head down.  She's not within the pelvic bone area but she is facing down in the uterus.  Apparently when she 'drops' I'll be able to breathe better, but I'll have increasing pressure down below.  The more I read about the baby 'dropping' the more I appreciate not being able to breathe so well.  When she drops: increasing pressure, possible sciatica, and back pain.  Yippie!

Harper's liver is not quite ready yet but she is able to process some waste, which I'm sure she's expelling into the amniotic fluid and then ingesting (disgusting!).  Because her organs aren't completely developed and functioning, she could develop jaundice after birth which is common and harmless.



Weight Gain:  starting weight = 140 lbs.
                         current weight = 170 lbs. {--- ahh!
                         total weight gain = 30 lbs.

11 weeks
34 weeks






































My Body:  Nothing much to report really.  My right ankle still likes to swell up a little bit but I can still see the bones so I have accepted it.  My boss thinks I'm crazy because I'm still wearing heels at work (only once a week though).  I also still have the same number of stretch marks that I discovered last week (thank God) except I have noticed a new and exciting belly trait.  I've felt the stretching skin before and feel it now, but on top of that I think that my upper abdominal muscles are tearing.  I wonder if that can actually happen.  Your muscles stretch so far that they actually tear?  I should look it up.  Thankfully I only felt that 'pain' last night.  I think I made Bryan think I was having contractions because he asked me how often I felt it.  Poor thing.  It took me a minute to see the small amount of panic in his eyes before explaining to him what the pain actually felt like.  It wasn't in waves or coming every 'X' number of minutes.  It felt like a pulled muscle when I moved in certain ways.

One more thing I realized this weekend about pregnant bellies.  I'll use a quick analogy to explain:

pregnant bellies:women as large breasts:men

My sister helped me see this comparison this past weekend when I went home to visit.  When I got there she came down to help me get my things out of the car.  The FIRST thing she did when she came out of the door was give a little squeal and bee line for my belly, arms outstretched and palms at the ready for optimal groping.  Not that I've ever had a man squeal while preparing to grope my boobs but, I was thinking to myself, "Hey!  I'm up here!"



The Nursery: The nursery is almost complete!  We now have all of the furniture we were hoping for and the only thing left to do it to get some odds and ends for decorations and storage.  It is hard to see the nursery as complete because everything that we've gotten for Harper (high chair, stroller, car seat, toys, bassinet, etc) have been shoved into the room because we don't need them out in the open yet.
Yes.  I am aware that bumpers and stuffed animals are a
suffocation hazard.  Calm down, she's not in there yet.

Bedding from my mom 
Car seat from my Grandma

Bassinet from my Assistant Principal who just came back
from maternity leave with her 4th :)

No comments:

Post a Comment